05 October 2010

Makes Me Happy 003

My little collection of vintage Pyrex bowls makes me happy. The yellow are from my mom and the green are from my mother-in-law. I can't really explain what it is I love most about them. The colors? The flower motif? The dishwasher-friendly-ness? All of the above?

DSC_2170

I have what you might call a plethora of mixing bowls in my kitchen. But these bowls are the first ones I reach for and they always bring a smile to my face.

Currently, I can hear a crazy ton of birds singing outside right now. I wonder what the ruckus is about? I can also see Z-cakes playing out in the yard. She found the winter clothes and is currently wearing one rain boot, one snow boot, a T-shirt, and a pointy beanie. Mmm...makes me very happy.

"Makes Me Happy" is a mini-series that will be featured through the month of October. It's purpose is to celebrate the small-inexpensive luxuries in life that bring a smile to my face. Please play along if you'd like. Embrace the everyday.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Hannah said...

We have the same ones at my parent's cabin. They are adorable!

Kelli said...

What a sweet idea to remember the little things that make you smile :) I love these bowls...they do remind me of my mother.

Jocelyn said...

those are definitely cute happy bowls!

Ben said...

Sniffs air... Viene tormenta

ellen said...

I'm crazy about Pyrex. Did you know there is a Pyrex Museum in Seattle?

http://www.shelterrific.com/2009/05/18/fun-field-trip-the-pyrex-museum/

Denise said...

Those bowls are pretty dang cute, all right!

jillian said...

I love this series and hope you continue it beyond October. It brightens my day :)

Tiffany said...

Those bowls bring back a flood of memories. Made me smile!

Serin said...

Wait! I can see your pictures now!! Wheeee! And I love the size. And your new header. And the "Makes Me Happy Series". And you! :)

Miss to Mrs said...

Oh God I love those bowls. Love them, love them, love them. I have been telling myself I am going to start collecting those when I see them at flea markets for quite awhile now. But of course now that I want them they are no where to be found! Those bowls ALWAYS remind me of my grandmother. I can completely understand why those make you happy!

emily said...

What happy happy bowls! I might have to go thrifting soon to find some vintage Pirex of my own.

michelle said...

Those colors are pure happiness to me. And I adore the idea of embracing the everyday. Clever girl.

chloe said...

i collect pyrex! these bowls make me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails