15 February 2011

She says

And so suddenly she's THREE. How can this be? Literally over night she is talking like a three year old, doing things by herself like a three year old, sleeping in a giant bed like a three year old.

DSC_3434
{With remnants of Dilly bar. Though it doesn't really matter what it is because I pretty much can't keep her face clean ever, the end.}


I suppose you could argue that these changes have been creeping up a little bit at a time, developing here and there as many milestones are wont to do. But I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. It's like she knew that she turned three. Suddenly I go downstairs to get the laundry out of the dryer and when I come back she's gotten out the stamps by herself and started Crafternoon without me! I was almost temped to ask her to drive to Fred Meyer to pick up some milk for crap's sake.

Here's another list of things she says for you. The three-year-old edition:

When she wakes up in the morning she say, "Can you take my diaper off and I can have breakfast?"

When there is a lull in the action she says, "Can I watch a movie on the puh-cuter?"

When I get dressed in the morning she says, "You're lookin' good mommy!"

When we eat dinner she takes two bites and says, "Can I be done now?"

When she bumps her head she still wants to call it a "two-head" but she thinks about it first and says, "I hurt my forehead."

When we get out of the car to go into a store she says, "Should we run?"

Her favorite book is Chrysanthemum so all day long she says, "I'm like Chrysanthemum, I'm absolutely perfect!"

(Also Chrysanthemum) she says, "The day I was born was the happiest day of my parent's lives."

When I tell her to stay by me she says, "I'm not going anywhere!"

When she wants chap stick she says, "I want lips!"

Every ten minutes she says, "I want to do stamps!"

She calls Buzz Lightyear "Buzz Right Here."

When something doesn't work she says, "I want to try again again!"

When we get in the car she says, "Oh no! The Big Bad Wolf! I left him behind!"

When she puts on her princess stuff she says, "I'm a princess! Princess mommy, do you have your shoes and your crown and your purse?"

When she plays the "guess which hand" game she says, "Picky hand!"

One time when she was watching golf with grandpa she said, "I like that guy's orange shirt." And I was like, holy crap! That was like, a complete thought with an opinion and stuff. AND, that actually is a nice orange shirt!

When we tell her we love her, she still says, "I wuv you too." And then our hearts break into a million pieces and we collapse on the floor dead from love.


We love you sweet Z, and we think you're absolutely perfect too.


Photobucket

Psst! Today is the last day to enter the really cool giveaway!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that you captured these bits and pieces of her world! She sounds delightful :)

Cathy said...

My little guy calls him Buzz Light Beer.

Hil said...

Oh my goodness... so incredibly sweet and adorable. I seriously love three. It's my favorite. Of course, two and one and newborn were all my favorites too... :)

debby said...

my little one just turned three and i swear that it is an overnight thing. all of a sudden, they decide to be big girls.

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Oh I love love love this post!! Elijah just turned three too. He calls Lightning McQueen "Lightning Between." So funny.

Rachel said...

I remember when we celebrated three and it was just like that for me too. Over night, she grew a thousand years. She is so cute and smart, and already forming her own fashion sense, way to go Z!

michelle said...

I do love this. And it's so good that you are recording these things, because I really do have one that I can almost send out for milk and I have no earthly idea how that happened.

How wonderful it is that she knows she is absolutely perfect!

jt said...

Did you have to train her to tell you you're looking good? Timm trained Fiona to smack my butt repeatedly shouting "Hot mama, hot mama!"
I love recording the things they say. I have innumerable posts with this exact title.
They're great.
She's great.

jt said...

p.s. I'm really glad I realized that was Dairy Queen just now. I thought it must be your new house's kitchen floor and I thought it was most unfortunate. Then on closer inspection I saw the back of what was unmistakably a fast food restaurant chair and then deduced... Dairy Queen. So add that to your list of gratitudes for today: You do not have hideous laminate-type parquet floors with brown 'grout'.

kylee said...

this wins as the cutest post i have ever read. little kids are the best.

Kia @ A View From Here said...

Aww yay Happy 3 Years Z-cakes ;)

Staci said...

I think G was about 3 when he would say "f" instead of "tr". I have no idea where that came from, but it creates all sorts of interesting looks when he's sitting on Santa (Bishopric 1st Counselor)'s lap at the ward Christmas party and proclaims that HE WANTS A TRUCK!!! I'm sure you get the picture.

laurie said...

so very cute! my niece will be three in march so i know exactly where you are coming from. enjoy.

siberianluck said...

Whenever I get to the bottom of your blog and see the Ani DiFranco quote, I chuckle to myself.

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful girl, and a lucky one too!

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful girl, and a lucky one too! Happy birthday to her!

Serin said...

She killed me with cuteness about 10 times in that post. Love it!

Charlotte said...

I just love this. My heart melts. Z-cakes is completely wonderful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails