05 December 2008

Three Things I MUST Make

Here's a little factoid about me that maybe is true of you too. I enjoy making things, and I enjoy tooling around on the internet finding new things to make. The problem with this is that I spend so much time on the internet that I develop a huge queue of things to make, that I never get around to making BECAUSE I'M ON THE INTERNET.

That being said, here are my three latest obsessions. I'm thinking they're all going to have to wait until after Christmas.

Thing the first: A light box.

Have you ever noticed that if I have a picture that looks halfway decent on this blog, the background is a brown wasteland that may resemble a yard? That's because the only way to get any decent light is to go outside in our "back yard" to take a picture. If I'm lucky I can drag somebody out with me to be a hand model. If I had a light box, I wouldn't have to do any of that! CAN YOU IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES?

Thing the second: Dolls

My grandmother made me dolls when I was little and I absolutely adored them. I've been seeing these dolls on flickr groups for a while and I would love for Z-cakes to have one. If I start now, it may be done by the time she is old enough to get what a doll is and not just try to swallow all of its yarn hair.

Thing the third: Advent Calendar

Ummm....duh. Look at it!

So now I'm curious...what are on your "must make" lists?

Photobucket

2 comments:

eaumaison said...

The store in Grand Junction where I saw the mitten calendar IN PERSON let you download the pattern for just five bucks. Check it out here: http://store.tangleonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_92&products_id=1033

Kimberlee said...

That litle mitten advent calendar is now on my "must make" list. But since I don't have the first clue on how to crochet I am thinking about purchasing some adorable little mittens, writing numbers on them with a sharpie marker and duct taping them to a string. Not sure if it will look near as cute, but still willing to give it a try. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails