23 September 2009

Changes?

Ahem.

Umm...you guys?

I think I want to change the name of my blog! (looks to see if anyone is going to throw anything...straightens up)

I know, I know. I've been writing on this blog a little over a year and have already changed the name once before, I know. It's just that I'm not feeling very inspired by the name of my blog and I feel like it hinders how much I want to write. Does that make sense? Is that lame? I thought that a cute re-design would do the trick but clearly that wasn't it. I'm just not feelin' it with the Three Things title.

I have a few options in mind but the trouble is...I'm waffling. (no, really?) I would really like to know yall's opinion on the matter. I do believe that there is certainly something to be said for longevity...but if the longevity hinders creativity, that's kind of missing the point right? I really would like your opinion on this--

:: Should I change the name of my blog if I've found something that I think will be more inspiring?
:: Do you identify bloggers based on the name of their blog or their actual name?
:: Do you think blogs are best when they are focused on one thing (food, crafts, parenting) or do you enjoy "lifestyle" blogs more for their variety? (I just threw that one in because I'm curios)

Please don't be too shy to leave a comment and feel free to be honest. For example, you could say something like- "hey Miranda, I don't even know what your blogs name is anyway so I really don't care if you change it and this is the dumbest post you've ever written and could you please get back to writing something worth reading?"-and I wouldn't even be offended because I'd be so excited over the fact that you commented!

Aside from whether I change the name of my blog or not, here are some things you can look for in the future from mirandawalker.blogspot.com:

:: Some minor (or maybe major) re-design.
:: An updated link list!
:: More frequent posting (no really, for reals, I'm serious this time)
:: FREE. STUFF. (AKA--giveaways!)
(I like to say that last one in my head like Oprah)

I will now leave you to your comments.
And Oprah's voice in your head.



Photobucket

13 comments:

eaumaison said...

:: Should I change the name of my blog if I've found something that I think will be more inspiring?
--Yes!

:: Do you identify bloggers based on the name of their blog or their actual name?
--Both, depending on the writer and name. But in your case I call it "Miranda's Blog."

:: Do you think blogs are best when they are focused on one thing (food, crafts, parenting) or do you enjoy "lifestyle" blogs more for their variety? (I just threw that one in because I'm curios)
--Naw, I like lifestyle blogs better.

Serin said...

I'm gonna have to be really lame and ditto everything that Rachel said. And I'm changed the name of my blog more than I can count. When I first started it was "I wanna talk about me" lol

Staci said...

I was typing up my response and decided to just use it as my blog post for the day...

You do whatever works for you. If the title stifles, lose it. Do whatever you have to to keep the creative juices flowing.

Anonymous said...

Miranda, I'm pretty sure that if your blog didn't have a title, I'd still read it because you are witty as all get out. Plus you make me laugh, plus I hear your voice in my head when I read your stuff, and I miss that. :) So, I look forward to your creativity or whatever inspires you, but know that I will keep reading no matter what. love ya!

Hannah said...

Your blog is darling, but change is always fun!

michelle said...

I associate people with their blogs, not the titles. The titles don't matter to me. So change away! I think the only person who has to like your blog is you. People who like you will like your blog anyway!

Kimberlee said...

I say do whatever inspires you. I'd read no matter what. Plus, if there's going to be more frequent postings and FREE. STUFF. I'm game.

Kimberlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason & Makenna said...

Lifestyle is better...more variety. "What's in a name? A rose by any other would smell as sweet." Pretty sure that's not word for word, but you get the idea. I had just noticed your posts using your title and though hey...she's theming! Seriously, whatever works for you. I just love your honest posts no matter the title.

Jaime said...

I read your blog because I like hearing what's in your head. :) I will say though, the other day when I clicked on it I remember thinking "3 things?" she doesn't usually write about 3 things does she? :) go for the inspiration and I like your theme.

urban craft said...

I would have to say that you should make your blog whatever you want it to be. Even if you change the name 20 times, that would still be cool cause it would be you. And make it specific on a topic if you want or wander from it. There really aren't any rules. Basically, YOU should like your blog.

Sorry, this really wasn't much of a helpful suggestion.

April said...

I think your blog is adorable- but if you are feeling the title/design is inhibiting your creativity or posting abilities, then you should change it!
I will be reading it no matter what it is called or what is written on it. :) I think that most of your followers are probably that way.
I like blogs that post about a little bit of everything, I don't think you need to focus on just one thing.
Bring on the changes! (But I love it just the way it is too.)

Denise said...

I'm with Rachel, it will always be listed as "Miranda's Blog" on my Google Reader list, but call it what you want!

Now, if I could only find the time to post on my own blog. . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails