29 November 2010

Warm and Happy

Home again, home again, to a house fully barricaded by snow. It's true. All of the snow that fell on our little town after we left has been blown, pushed, and plowed until it formed a perfect barrier between us and the house. We trudged up to the front door in knee deep (for those as short as me) snow thinking of how glad we were that we decided to spend the night at my parents' house instead of coming all the way home last night. N8tr0n is out shoveling the driveway right now trying to find our other car. I feel a bit guilty sitting in the warm house while he shovels, but apparently not guilty enough to quit writing this post and get out there myself.

I'd be lying if I said that I have no problem adjusting to the weather here at home. It's going to take me a while. Right now I'm remembering the balmy temperatures in San Diego where we celebrated Thanksgiving and quite frankly, it's frickin' freezing here. I don't even care that my car is completely buried in snow because tomorrow, I'm not going anywhere. I'm declaring a two-day vacation detox which will entail approximately 90 loads of laundry, bread baking, book reading, and knitting. Call it my own little form of weather Stockholm, but I'm happy to be a warm prisoner in my house all day.

Unfortunately, when I sat down to write this post I realized that I left my camera at my parents' house. So the pictures of our Thanksgiving splendor (Including pictures of the cake that Laurel and I made. Ahhh the cake! I can't wait to tell you about the cake.) will have to wait until next week. In the mean time I will say that our Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful. It was the perfect reminder of how much we have to be thankful for. I hope your celebration was equally warm and joyous.

Tomorrow I have another exciting giveaway for the Handmade Holiday Series! Be sure to stop by and enter. Until then, I'm off to dump the contents of our luggage into the washing machine.

XOXO

Photobucket

5 comments:

Laurel said...

We miss you guys already.

Kelli said...

While I'm not a fan of snow, sometimes it is nice to be snowed in. I hope you got a lot of reading and knitting done. Ooh, cake!

Cassie said...

Isn't that just the worst thing about being away - the laundry! I have stood for what feels like the entire day ironing today!

We have had a load of snow compared to our usual measly offerings but not quite knee deep just yet - I will keep dreaming.
xx

Walker Family said...

ooooh! cant wait to hear about that cake makes me hungry just thinking about it!

michelle said...

I always feel like a need a little vacation when I get home from vacation...

Related Posts with Thumbnails