02 December 2011

December 01 (aka: Yesterday)

Hello friends! Happy December to you. Did you remember to say Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit yesterday? Woe be unto you if you didn't! (I'm just kidding.) (I think.)

Last night I declared our December 1st to be one of the best ones yet. Here's what went down:

Since I had to work the first half of the day was pretty uneventful. Just me sitting in the coldest corner of our basement talking to a computer. Glamorous? Yes. Of course when Nate (did I mention I'm sick of calling him N8tr0n on here? Because I am. His name is Nate. Actually, Nathan. But I call him Nate.) and Z-cakes got home the party started.


Z whipped up a quick dinner for us. I must say she is becoming quite the help in the kitchen these days. After that it was off to....

Tree shopping last night!

buy a Christmas tree!

This is the first time we've purchased a real tree. The first time! I'm sure you can imagine that I was soaking up every second. The man at the tree lot gave Z-cakes a candy cane which basically made her life.


We put our tree up as soon as we got home; that is, after we carried a billion pound water softener down our stairs with our new hand truck and I suppressed my severe anxiety that Nate and I were both going to die trying to get it down the stairs. Anyway, we got the tree up and I've been sitting and admiring it ever since. And also breathing in its intoxicating smell.

Tree is up. Now could somebody please come put lights on it?


I also bought a wreath at Costco for our front door because I've wanted one for like SEVEN YEARS.

The end.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Jen said...

That is one big voluptuous tree!

Nina said...

The tree is beautiful. That is like I would want. Zay looks so professional at the stove.

Nina said...

Did you make sure to give it enough water. You don't want it to get dry!!!!! and have a Christmas Vacation catastrophy.

Sarah said...

That's the perfect tree.

kylee said...

first ever real tree!!! something i have yet to cross off the bucket list.

April said...

love,love,love!!

laurie said...

just the photo of your gorgeous tree brings back the smell to me! sounds like a great way to usher in the new month.

Rachel said...

Real trees are the only way to go! Love the wreath, and your little chef. I want to see your tree all done up now!!!

Katharina said...

Huzzah for a real tree! (What did you do with The Couch?)

sharin said...

I saw those wreaths at Costco, *after* I had been waiting in line for 20 minutes. I must pick one up next time though; they are so, so pretty!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I have said Rabbit, Rabbit almost every month for over 35 years!! We actually used to say Rabbit, Rabbit, Jump over the bedpost" and then jump over the bedpost. Reading that made me laugh because I only know of one other person who says it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails