02 February 2012

Better

It's been a busy few weeks. First there was the church talk. Then preschool was at my house. And then I decorated for a big church meeting. That pretty much wiped me out for the month of January.

Sure it may look like I only had three things going on but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm not a fan of being busy. I very much enjoy having one major task at a time that I can plan and execute at a reasonable pace. This is a luxury I have been granted since graduate school and I'm not about to take it for granted. My ability to multi-task diminishes significantly in the winter. Because my brain slows down? Also I'm prone to Seasonal Affective Disorder. Shocking, I know. All of the previously mentioned events happened pretty much simultaneously. Well, at least within three days of each other. Which is why my mind was a mess trying to organize my thoughts and pull everything together. Fortunately everything went swimmingly.

I made giant crepe paper roses! And tissue paper pom-poms!

#photoaday I made this giant rose out of crepe paper.

Tissue paper bliss.

I had lots of help with the pom-poms, thank goodness.

Much better at making these roses after the sixth try.

I was much better at the roses after I had made about six of them.

Used all of the flowers to decorate for a church activity.

And I thought the end result was quite lovely. What do you think?

Now that I have all of that behind me I can focus on the major MAJOR event of the month: Z-cakes's birthday. My time for planning grows lean, my friends. Her birthday is less than two weeks away! Now I'm wondering if I should do a family party or a friend party. Or both? Cupcakes or layer cake? New birthday crown? (yes) But as I have said, I am running out of time! Decisions must be made! Any and all input is welcome!

Anyway, while I'm here, I might as well make a list of the things I've been doing instead of blogging lately. Who knows when I'll be back after all.

:: Watching Downton Abbey while working on my embroidery calendar.
:: Knitting
:: Playing Words With Friends
:: Thinking about blogging
:: Going to bed at 10:00
:: Instagraming
:: Helping Z-cakes change in and out of her ballet clothes 12 times a day
:: Making dinner every night, yo! Except on leftover night
:: That's pretty much all I can think of right now.
:: XO to you all
:: Happy 6 more weeks of winter

5 comments:

michelle said...

This post makes me feel like we have oh so much in common, Miranda. You pretty much described me.

Downton Abbey was my best companion in sickness!

Staci said...

Am I the only person who just doesn't get Downton Abbey? I love the wardrobes, but it's a bit too Dallas or Falcon Crest for me.

Rachel said...

I am loving Downton Abbey. The story line is lacking at times, but the scenery and costumes completely make up for it! I just finished a series called The North and The South.....Not the civil war one with Patrick Swayze....It's from the BBC and is on Netflix right now, it's set in England during the industrial revolution, it is so stinking good. You must must knit something while watching that too!! Sounds to me like you have been having a lovely time! Keep it up.

akenney said...

Amazing job! The roses are perfection. I know how hard those are to make!
XO

Jaime said...

um, I thought that was a real rose in that first picture, so good job you. I'm super impressed. And that's pretty much how I felt lately--Ty's bday, Valentine's Tea, Valentine's itself, plus all the regular drama. My brain was full. Now I have C's bday--I'm thinking of going to a swimming pool and just opening presents there....what a change for me that would be....

Related Posts with Thumbnails