26 February 2010

Creative Friday

My sweet blogging friend, Michelle, and her friend, Jill get together for "Creative Friday" every week. I instantly fell in love with the idea and wanted to copy it immediately; however, I have yet to arrange a "Creative Friday" with any of my friends.

post-it


Today I decided to have Creative Friday all by myself. So, after putting Z-cakes down for a late nap I stomped myself right though my disastrous kitchen and retreated to the basement to make some stuff. Behold, the fruits of my labor:

teaparty_scrapbook

I decided to do something with paper today and these tea party pictures were practically begging me to be scrapbooked. I used a page from Ali Edwards as a major template for this page. In fact, I rarely make a scrapbook page these days without choosing a page from a magazine or online album that I want to copy for one reason or another. Sometimes it is the color scheme, in this case it was the layout of the pictures and elements. Anyway, the fact that I need a jumping off point seems to bug me for some reason. The whole time I was creating this page I was musing about my relationship with scrapbooking. It has been long. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a love/hate relationship. More like a love/ambivalent relationship. Oh! Maybe unrequited love? I don't know but this post is getting lame. I'm going to have to discuss my scrapbooking woes/triumphs with you another day, on another post.

I'm taking some time off from the computer this week and I'm very excited about it.

I'm also excited about this series that Marta put together. You should be too.

Have a wonderful weekend. And be sure to stop by here on Monday for a giveaway to kick off March! Yay!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Serin said...

I love your note up there. lol

That is an awesome scrapbook page!

michelle said...

Hooray for Creative Friday!!!

I haven't scrapbooked in so long, I'm not sure I still know how. I would definitely have to have a template of some sort.

Nina said...

Aren't they adorable. They are such little "Ladies" I need this for my screen saver. Be sure and put it on flicker so I can. Sorry I missed our visit yesterday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails