23 March 2010

Not the same as caramel popcorn

DSC_9368_resize

The name "Caramel Covered Puff Corn" really doesn't seem to do this sweet and salty treat justice. Am accepting suggestions for a better name. I've devoured every bag that Sarah has given me (which is more than one) within minutes. I graciously shared my last bag with N8tr0n and Z-cakes and I haven't stopped thinking of it since Saturday. In fact...I wonder how I could get my hands on some right now....

Caramel Covered Puff Corn

1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Corn Syrup
1 Cube Butter

Bring these ingredients to a boil and allow to boil for three minutes.

Add: 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. baking soda

Pour over 1 (4.5 oz) bag of Puff Corn in a large bowl until coated. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake in 250 degree oven for 45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Let cool.

So easy! Now, run to the store and buy yourself some Puff Corn. Go on! I'll meet you there.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Brock and Kristina said...

I LOVE caramel puffed corn!! Yum. We discovered it over christmas. My mom and I burned 3 batches before finally getting it right. YUM.
PS Will you throw me a shower someday when I live next to your mom? In their field? Next to the turkey. lol! AMAZING job!! SERIOUSLY. WOWza.

The Goldade's said...

Isn't that stuff amazing!?! My mom makes it and it never lasts very long. I think maybe i'll need to make some this week now that I've seen pictures and thought about it! I loved the baby shower decor! I did the puffy tissues balls for a bridal shower I did last summer and I LOVED them...now i use them for everything!! Thank you Martha Stewart! Did you have the guests make the onesies? If so, how did you do it? That was a great activity...i need to put it in my party brain. :) Loves!

Serin said...

Oh, I am SO going to the store! Can I buy that at King's? (I was almost hoping this wasn't homemade so that I could buy it in bulk!)

Cassie said...

Yum, yum, yum!
xx

Serin said...

Note to self: don't forget the to toss every 10 minutes. Just ruined my second batch!

jt said...

What do you think would happen if I poured the caramel I make for caramel corn over the puff corn instead? Basically ignoring your recipe, but faster so I don't have to bake it. :) Cause you know, when the urge strikes...

Related Posts with Thumbnails