06 October 2011

A few things

:: First of all, a whopping big THANK YOU is long overdue for your kind comments about our bedroom. I'm so pleased that you like it. It is nice when I put so much thought into something to have it turn out exactly the way I want it to. I've gone back and answered a couple of questions in the comments so be sure to check them out if you have a pending query.

:: It rained all day yesterday and looks like it is going to do the same today. Also, we turned on our heat last night. I was probably more excited about this than is reasonable. I would however like to cold weather to put off coming for just a bit longer (or forever but you know, can't have it all) so we can finish stripping our deck and planting bulbs. Fingers crossed.

:: My dear sweet little Z-cakes. She wants to be Cinderella for Halloween. We looked at a few costumes at the store but they were....well...let's just say they were sub-par. I have taken on the task of sewing her a costume even though this is hands down the most technical thing I've ever tried to sew. Skills needed that are not currently in my repertoire include but are not limited to: sewing with satin, gathering, lining, and you know, sewing anything other than a straight line. But I love my daughter, so I'm going to try. And I have the rest of the month to work on it. And it doesn't have to be perfect. And most importantly...I can do this. Right?

I can do this. Right?


Right?



Photobucket

7 comments:

kylee said...

homemade halloween costumes are always a million times better. i'm sure the cinderella dress will turn out marvelously!

j2 said...

Who lines a Halloween costume??? Only a Super Mom, thats who! She will never take it off! Lucky little gal!

Charlotte said...

You can sew a Halloween costume! Gathers used to intimidate me too, but really, they're a cinch. Promise.

Jen said...

You can completely do it - I did two years ago and although there were times late at night that I was sure I wasn't going to make it, I did and it was adorable. I'm pretty sure I used the same pattern and blue satin. I ended up using bias tape on the seam where the bodice meets the skirt so that it wouldn't itch her. Good luck!

Denise said...

You can do it! Condolences on the icky satin, though.

Justin and Diana said...

I'm with Denise 100%! You can of course do it and guaranteed you will curse the mere existence of satin MANY times and next year you will use it again because it makes such cute final projects!

Staci said...

I'm thirding Denise's comment. Do you have a serger? Might want to use it - or some fray stop. My satin projects always pull apart - but that could be because I'm silly and incorporate them into something for my boys...

Related Posts with Thumbnails