27 January 2009

So far, so good!

At least one of my New Year's Resolutions is going really well so far. Exercise...who woulda thought?

I am most fortunate to have Rachel as a friend, as she is also invested in this whole "getting in shape" thing. Even though she is in nursing school right now, her lectures aren't until the afternoon so we can hit the rec center at--get this--9:00 AM! My absolute favorite time to work out (no 5:30Am for me nu-uh)! I used to think that it was impossible for anyone with kids or a job to work out at 9:00 because they should be doing something more productive by that time of day right? Well, I've had to rearrange my thinking to remember that working out IS something worth while and productive. Now we head off to the gym, throw Z-cakes into the child-care, and hop on the elliptical with all of the rest of the senior citizens that frequent the rec center. The great thing about exercising (cliched as it may be) is that my life feels much more balanced now. I'm taking care of myself, I'm playing more with Z-cakes, and I'm not so worried about all the things I need to get done during the day because the important things are taken care of. My mind is quieter. *sigh* Yes that is very nice indeed.

And don't we look cute and all matchy matchy in our workout clothes?


Photobucket

3 comments:

Serin said...

You guys look way too cute. Please tell me that picture was *before* the workout

Denise said...

You do look way to cute to be exercising! I really need to get back in the routine--I was doing fine until the holidays hit. . . . Good job to the two of you!

Kimberlee said...

You look great Miranda. Way to go eliptical!

Related Posts with Thumbnails