I finally got around to making Z-cakes a pillowcase dress this Summer. I used Susan's tutorial to get me started. Something about my measuring was a little off so I added some shirring to the top of both sides so the dress wouldn't look like it was eating Z-cakes. Actually, N8tr0n suggested the shirring. I don't know what that says about him but I thought it was worth noting.
In case you haven't tried your hand at shirring and elastic thread, let me be like, the millionth person in blogland to tell you how rad it is. Seriously.
This little dress was perfect on the hottest days of the Summer. I would make her more but I can't seem to find the stockpile of cute pillowcases I've collected from thrift stores. My concern is that they're in the basement, which is currently the place in our house where things go to die.